Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A few good songs :)

Now many of you know music is my passion, and I absolutely love finding something new and adventurous to listen to. Today while working out, I had my ipod on shuffle. I love doing this, and while I often skip ahead of songs, its always nice and refreshing to hear a song of a band you saw preform a while back. That being said, The South Austin Jug Band came on today and it thoroughly made my day- not to mention since they are from South Austin it made my smile and continue that law of attraction, but I want my friends to check them out. I saw them in 2007 at ACL. They gave out complimentary itunes samplers at this show, and they were on the sampler.

The song that came on is called "Come To Me" and you can listen to it here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/southaustinjugband


youll have to scroll down a bit to listen, but since music is my passion, I think im going to make this my living sound track and include songs that make my day etc.. as a part of this journal. Yes, in fact this will be the new route I'm taking. I feel a little better about things and my direction, calling, and purpose. These are the quotes I'm living by this week:

"First Subtract the regret at what you might leave behind, and then subtract the fear of the unknown, and now imagine each option as vividly as you can, and if you just don't want to do it, if you aren't just FILLED with eager anticipation, then just say NO"

"work should, in fact, be thought of as a creative activity undertaken for the love of the work itself"- Dorothy Sayers Why Work?

That being said, I'm off to a few appointments, and even more excited for tonight- the U2 concert at The Cardinals Stadium! Attending "Church" tonight :) Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers