Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blah Day Today

Today was blah.  I really have no reason as to why it was other than I messed up my back some way some how.

Anyways, I went up to Dallas this past weekend to visit my BFF and my cousin and his darling wife.  It was wonderful to have the comforts of home only 3 hours away.  The drive up to Dallas isn't bad, although its boring.  For a while it seemed like the road was going on and on... I passed country barns and couldn't help but to wonder what is inside.  You always hear of the lucky individuals who buy a decrepid property and come across a rare but exquisite vehicle!  Maybe one day.

Last week I was able to visit the Zilker Botanical Gardens, just off of Barton Springs in the Zilker area.  It is an absolute beautiful place.  For a small fee of $3 (this is to park) you are whisked away into such a serene and calming environment.  It is absolutely beautiful.  They have a plethora of gardens, everything from a Japanese Garden with a Koi pond, to a Butterfly Garden!  I can't wait till my next friend visits and I get to go there again!  Here are a few pictures:

On the 4th of July my friend and I went to Toy Joy- a classic toy store in the heart of Austin.  It was packed.  Inside they have a soda fountain, a ton of Hello Kitty Stuff, and an amazing assortment of toys and chotchkies.  Its the perfect store to go to when you need a gift for the person that has everything.  I picked up a pretty sweet gift for my friend who is in Boston, who I get to go see on Thursday!  I am so excited!  I have never been to Boston before, and I even get the chance to go to Fenway and see a Red Sox game!  It is going to be the best day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers